Wednesday, May 15, 2013

May 15: A Run, an Awards Ceremony, and a Choir Practice

Yes, it's a gorgeous day in the Upper Peninsula.  The sun is shining.  A warm wind is blowing.  People are lining up at the Tastee Freeze for ice cream.  And I don't have that nagging anxiety any more.

I just got back from a 5K run.  It was wonderful.  My feet felt great.  I only took one short walking break (less than a quarter mile).  I didn't even start sweating until after I was finished.  When I stopped running, however, I looked like Jackie Gleason in a sauna.

It's going to be an eventful night.  I'm attending an awards ceremony with my family.  My daughter participated in a healthy living program all year long, and tonight is the culmination of all her work.  Supposedly, she's going to receive some kind of prize.  I just hope it's not a year's supply of cucumbers.

After the awards, I will head over to church to play for a choir practice.  Yes, I have to sit and play a pipe organ for an hour after a run, awards, and twelves hours of work.  And now all my disciples are thinking, "What did you do to piss off God?"

Well, that's between God and Saint Marty.

Imagine this guy in a steam bath

No comments:

Post a Comment