Sunday, May 12, 2013

May 12: Mother's Day Dinner, Summer Programming, New Cartoon

I'm at my parents' house this afternoon.  We are having a Mother's Day dinner.  Standing rib roast.  I am basically a carnivore, so any roasted flesh sounds good to me.  It will be accompanied by vegetables, so there is a healthy element present.  As I sit typing this post, I can smell everything cooking.  I remember afternoons when I was a kid, coming home from school and smelling spaghetti sauce on the stove or beef roast/ham/chicken in the oven.  I know it's probably not good to associate food with love, but I do associate those kitchen smells with my mother's devotion to us.

I know, on Sunday, I'm supposed to write about one of my favorite things.  However, I'm going to use this post to make one more request for Summer Programming suggestions.  Tomorrow, I will unveil my new weekly line-up of posts.  I have some idea of what posts I'm thinking of canceling.  I also have some idea of new posts I'm going to introduce. 

Again, I will continue with The Catcher in the Rye.  That is a year-long commitment to Holden and company.  Aside from that, all bets are off.  Rye Dip Monday may be a thing of the past.  Good Reads Saturday may be going on hiatus for the summer.  I haven't decided.  And that's one of my favorite things:  new writing projects.  I love the opportunity to create something I haven't created before.  Maybe a serialized novel.  Maybe a series of new poems.  I don't know.

And that excites Saint Marty.

Confessions of Saint Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment