Monday, May 13, 2013

May 13: S-L-O-W

I have officially started my summer work schedule.  Without teaching to break up the day, time is crawling at a glacial pace.  I have plenty of stuff to do, but I'm having a pretty difficult time remaining motivated.  Every time the I hear the FAX machine kick into action, I want to take a baseball bat to it.

At lunch time, I was able to work on a draft of a new poem, which did wonders for my frame of mind.  At least I was doing something that required a little creativity.  I actually think what I wrote was pretty substantial, considering how short it was.  It was supposed to be the start of my Christmas poem for this year.  However, the imagery took a turn I wasn't expecting, and suddenly I was writing a lyric about death.  I doubt many people are going to want to read it during the yuletide season.

I am planning to go for a run before I drive home.  I brought all of my running stuff with me, including my new shoes, which are so comfortable.  I hope I have the energy to complete the whole two miles of my route.  Even with my new shoes, running these last few days has been rough.

It took me almost a half hour to write the three preceding paragraphs.  That's ten minutes for each paragraph.

Saint Marty isn't going to be breaking any land speed records today, regardless of what shoes he's wearing.
I'm ready to go all Office Space


No comments:

Post a Comment