Thursday, May 17, 2012

May 17: Snore, Shaking It Off, Welcome

Awaking in the middle of a prodigiously tough snore, and sitting up in bed to get his thoughts together, Scrooge had no occasion to be told that the bell was again upon the stroke of One...

This will not be a post of great insight.  This will not be a post of great humor.  This will not be a post of great anything.  Like Scrooge in the above sentence, I find myself awake and trying to gather my thoughts together.  It's one of those mornings where sleep hangs on like a cheap wine.  At the moment, I could easily put my head down and go back to sleep, even though I've showered, dressed, and already completed several tasks.  I can feel the sleep sitting behind my eyes, pushing on them.  I'm having a hard time shaking this sleep hangover off.

I wasn't up any later than I usually am.  I didn't do anything especially taxing last night.  Yet, I'm having this out-of-body experience at the keyboard.  I sit staring at the screen for a full minute, caught mid-sentence, unsure what I was going to say.  I'm into my third paragraph, and all I'm focusing on...See, it just happened again.  I'm not sure how I was going to complete that thought.  I'm about read to throw in the towel, to use a bad sports metaphor.

Before I do throw the towel into the proverbial ring, I need to welcome the newest official follower of Saint Marty.  Welcome, Mrs. Katie.  I hope you find your time in the...OK, just had another brain hiccup.  I think what I was going to say is that I hope you find your time in the middle of my neuroses entertaining/amusing/not too annoying.

That's all I got this morning, folks.  Like Scrooge, I just woke up in the middle of a prodigiously tough snore.

Saint Marty just...lost his train of thought again...He will...Oh, screw it...
I know how he feels

No comments:

Post a Comment