Monday, May 28, 2012

May 28: Parade, Cemetery, New Cartoon

We just got done attending a Memorial Day parade and then a Memorial Day service at a local cemetery.  It was a nice morning.  Warm, and getting warmer.  We are currently having lunch at McDonald's.  I know that doesn't sound very exciting to most people, but I'm not a big fan of excitement, unless it involves great sums of free money, literary awards/publications, or a surprise buyer for my house.  I'll take that excitement.

Not too much else on the agenda for today.  A barbecue.  Watermelon and bratwurst.  We may watch America's Got Talent tonight.  I'm kinda liking Howard Stern as a judge.  I thought I was going to absolutely hate him, but he's funny and, more importantly, inoffensive.  And he likes weird talents.  (He sent a contestant to Vegas whose claim to fame was getting kicked, punched, and hit in the balls over and over and over and over.  It hurt me to watch.)

I want again to wish all veterans and their families a happy Memorial Day.  I salute all men and women who have put their lives on the line to protect world justice, freedom, and peace.

Saint Marty doffs his halo to you.

Confessions of Saint Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment