Tuesday, May 8, 2012

May 8: "Carol" Dip Tuesday, Consequences, Sticking to What I Know

I'm trying to get back into the swing of things this morning.  Since I missed Carol dip Monday, I'm going to hold a Carol dip Tuesday.  Yes, it's just a cheap way to get fodder for a post, but I never said I wasn't cheap.  I'm having a really hard time getting into a "work" frame of mind after this long weekend of travel, and I'm kicking myself for not taking one more day off just to recuperate from the trip.

Now that I have that off my chest, I will ask my question for Carol dip Tuesday.  Today, my wife is going to pick up my art work that's been on display for the past week at a local florist shop.  Therefore, my question is...

Did any of my pieces sell?

And the answer from the book of Dickens is...

The consequences were uproarious beyond belief; but no one seemed to care; on the contrary, the mother and daughter laughed heartily, and enjoyed it very much; and the latter, soon beginning to mingle in the sports, got pillaged by the young brigands most ruthlessly...

Not a great answer, by my interpretation.  A little scene between Belle, Scrooge's former fiance, and her children.  Lots of laughter at my question in this passage.  The consequences of my foray into the world of fine art:  uproarious laughter and ruthless brigands.  No cash coming my way this afternoon.  I have no idea what I'm going to do with the five prints once I get them back.  Maybe I'll give them away as presents.  Maybe I'll hang them up in my house.  Maybe I'll donate them to a church.  The frames are probably worth more than the prints themselves.

Oh, well.  It was exciting to pretend I was an artist for a little while anyway.

Saint Marty should stick to what he knows best.  He's not sure what that is, but when he figures it out, he's going to stick to it.

This is funny shit!

No comments:

Post a Comment