Thursday, May 3, 2012

May 3: Your Welfare, Unbroken Rest, Just Tired

[Scrooge] then made bold to inquire what business brought him there.

"Your welfare!" said the Ghost.

Scrooge expressed himself much obliged, but could not help thinking that a night of unbroken rest would have been more conducive to that end...

Yes, Scrooge can be a smartass at times, even to the ghosts.  Of course, the Ghost of Christmas Past doesn't let the old skin flint get away with his flippant attitude.  He quickly puts Scrooge in his place, amending his answer to "reclamation" instead of "welfare," and Scrooge rises from bed to follow the Spirit on a trip down memory lane.

I'm totally with Scrooge about the sleep thing.  I'm just tired.  I'm having a very difficult time getting myself motivated this morning.  I even thought about skipping my shower when I got up, just so I could spend a few more minutes with my head on a pillow.  Of course, I did motivate myself into the shower, and I did motivate myself to get dressed.  It wasn't easy.  Once I got under the hot water, I could have stood there forever, or at least until the water ran cold.

I have to get some blood tests done this morning.  Not motivated.  I have to clean my car out and pack for my trip downstate tomorrow morning.  Not motivated.  I have to go to the bathroom.  I have to grab my lunch out of the refrigerator.  Not motivated.  Not motivated.  Pretty much, typing this post is taking all the energy I currently possess.  So, on this, the second day of May, in the year of our Lord 2012, I agree with Ebenezer Scrooge.

Saint Marty could do with a night of unbroken rest, for his welfare and reclamation.
Broken rest

No comments:

Post a Comment