Saturday, August 6, 2011

August 6: Winner, Muffin Name, New Cartoon

We have a winner.  After sifting through the ONE entry I received in my muffin-naming contest, I have selected Wonder Twin's entry as the winner.  Henceforth, my muffin will be known as Sophie.  I like the name.  It calls to mind both a great Meryl Streep movie and Colonel Potter's horse from M*A*S*H.  Wonder Twin will be receiving a personal cartoon, in which she will appear.  For all of the rest of you who thought my contest was lame, stupid, idiotic, or juvenile, I have only one thing to say:

I picked up my daughter this morning from Bible camp.  She has a few more bug-bites, some scratches, but nothing life-threatening.  She had a great time, as I expected.  I was heartened by the fact that she got so homesick one night she had to go talk to the "homesick" counselor.  That's my girl.

Well, I do have a new cartoon for you.  This is not the cartoon Wonder Twin will receive for naming my muffin.

Saint Marty wishes to thank everyone who entered the contest.  Thanks, Wonder Twin.

Confessions of Saint Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment