Friday, August 12, 2011

August 12: Today, My Daughter's Dance, My Windshield

On Day Five of my vacation, I got up early and went to get my windshield replaced.  If you remember, a few days ago, I visited the local Walmart and returned to my car to discover a huge crack in my windshield.  So, I spent a little over an hour this morning getting it replaced.  Then the guy who replaced the windshield noticed there was a scratch in the new one.  He gave me two options:  1) schedule another appointment to have another windshield installed, or 2) live with the scratch and receive a $50 gas card.  I chose option two.

This afternoon, I drove my daughter to her dance lesson.  At the end of the lesson, her teacher invited me into the studio to watch my daughter dance the solo on which she's been working.  I know I'm biased.  I know I'm a complete pushover when it comes to watching my daughter dance.  I know my daughter's almost a teenager and no longer "daddy's little girl."  Watching her perform this afternoon almost made me cry.  She looked graceful.  She looked grown-up.  And she looked like she didn't need me for anything.  Thank God she came over and gave me a huge hug when she was finished, or I would have been a blubbering mess.

The rest of the day has been pretty uneventful.  But I kept thinking about my daughter dancing for me.

My daughter dancing all over me this afternoon
Saint Marty's heart broke a little bit this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment