Tuesday, August 2, 2011

August 2: Overslept

Yes, I turned off the alarm this morning and promptly fell back asleep.  I woke up half an hour later, looked at the clock, and had a holy-shit moment.  If you don't know what that is, it's when you look at the clock, realize how late it is, sit up so fast it makes you dizzy, and say loudly, "Holy shit!"

I was at work within a half hour, but, on mornings like these, I know I'm going to feel about three steps behind all day long.  I hate oversleeping.

I did get my poems ready for submission to the magazine Crazyhorse yesterday, and then I found out they no longer read all year long.  They only accept electronic submissions between September 1 and May 31.  I was a little pissed, but I wrote my cover letter anyway.  On September 1, the people at Crazyhorse are going to get a submission very early in the morning.

Well, that's about it for this morning.  I promise to be less rushed this afternoon.

Saint Marty is still in "Holy Shit!" mode.

This picture says it all

No comments:

Post a Comment