Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August 30: No New Poem, A Challenge, Dick Cheney

My good friend, Wonder Twin, the only entrant in my last contest, is convinced she is going to be the only entrant in my current contest.  I need somebody to prove her wrong.  Think of this:  if I could get two more people to enter "Name the Poem," that will mean I have increased my response rate by 100%.  That's all I need.  Two more stinking entries.  I'm trying not to whine.  Don't make me whine.  It won't be pretty.

I did not get a new poem written today.  I found myself consumed with other work.  I will start writing a new poem for tomorrow when I get home tonight.  I'm not going to fall into the trap of letting myself turn into a full-time employee/sometime poet.  I will continue to make poetry a priority in my life.  Somebody in this world has to do it.

I saw Dick Cheney on the Today show this morning.  He was hawking his new book, talking with Matt Lauer.  Usually, I try to stay politically neutral on my blog.  (I try.  I don't always succeed.)  However, I thought, when Cheney was wheeled onto his plane and left Washington D. C. three years ago, I wouldn't have to listen to him blather on about how he's saved the entire free world from terrorism single-handedly.  When he was President, excuse me, Vice President, he had power and was dangerous.  Now, when he has a terminal heart condition and is one battery away from death, he's just a egotistical bigmouth who can't stand being out of the spotlight.  (This is beginning to sound like a Dennis Miller rant.)  Dick Cheney just needs to hop on Trigger and ride into the sunset.  Go hunting and shoot some more of his friends.  Do anything but be on TV and irritate me.

Saint Marty is done now.  He just needed to get that off his chest.

Somebody pull the plug!

No comments:

Post a Comment