Friday, August 26, 2011

August 26: TGIF, Great Book Club, Messenger Bag

I am so glad it's Friday.  This whole week has been a blur of tiredness.  Each day has been a struggle to get moving in the morning.  I've made it through by sheer will power, and several healthy doses of Diet Mountain Dew.  A few more hours of work, and I am free for the weekend.  (Of course, I start teaching at the university on Monday, but I'm not going to face that reality until Sunday night.)  And it's payday.  It can't get much better.

Last night's Book Club meeting was a great deal of fun.  The food was wonderful, from bok choy to brownies.  The discussion was lively and, as always, digressive.  (Translation:  We shot the shit a lot.)  My sister did not babysit my son last night, but my son was a trooper.  He handed out pop (or soda for you misguided Wisconsinites) and socialized for the first half hour.  Then he went to bed with nary a peep.  I couldn't have asked for a better evening.

My new messenger bag came in the mail yesterday, as well.  It's quite stylish.  The next time I blog, I'll post a picture of myself with my new book bag.   You'll see how much it makes me look like a more intelligent version of Brad Pitt.

I look better than this
If you can't tell, Saint Marty is ready for the weekend to begin.  Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment