Monday, December 17, 2018

December 17: Drew Nigh, Low in the Sky, Final Grading

It was nearly six o'clock, but only grey imperfect misty dawn, when we drew nigh the wharf . . .

It is nigh 4:30 in the afternoon, and the sun is already low in the sky as I draw close to being done with grading for the semester.  Two stacks of papers left.  They're sitting at my feet right now, waiting the attention of my red pen.  Once I am done with them, all I have left to do is the math.  Lots of totaling.

So, you will forgive me if this is yet again an abbreviated post without much introspection.  I don't have time for introspection right now.  My goal is to have the first stack of papers done by the time I have to leave for my daughter's Christmas choral concert tonight.  That will leave the second stack for when I return home.

I think this is the latest that I have ever graded at the end of a semester in a very long while.  Usually, I'm pretty much done several days in advance of when final grades are due.  I'm reaching the exhaustion stage of this whole process.

Now, I must return to the red pen . . .

Saint Marty will see you on the other side.  Hopefully.


No comments:

Post a Comment