Thursday, February 28, 2013

February 28: Book Club Times Two

Tonight, my book club is meeting at my house.  We're talking about two books this month, since we had to cancel last month's get-together because of bad weather.  So, we have Stephen King's 11/22/63 and Randy Alcorn's Courageous on the agenda.  It's going to be a busy evening.

For the first time in a few months, I actually finished the books before book club.  I love Stephen King, and I didn't love Randy Alcorn.  Two different styles, two different purposes.  I'm kind of interested to see what all the others think about these books.  If I had to choose two novels to read that are polar opposites, Courageous and 11/22/63 would certainly qualify.

Perhaps it's a good thing we have to double-up tonight.  At least there won't be any uncomfortable silences.

Unless Saint Marty's mouth is full of pizza.

No fruit tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment