Monday, February 18, 2013

February 18: A Dip in the "Rye" on Monday, Insecurities

Back to our regular Monday programming after the special memoir update this morning.

Of course, I'm not going to wander far from the memoir excerpt I posted, because it is one of the things that is most on my mind.  I'm not feeling very secure about it, which is a little unusual for me.  When I put something on this blog or send it out for publication, I'm pretty confident about what I've done.  Not this time.  But, as I promised, I'm going to be forging ahead this Lent, come hell or high water.  The one thing I can say about "Prologue Confession" is that I had fun writing it.

The other thing on my mind today (EVERY day) is money.  After bills were payed this Friday, we had just enough left over to buy a Chicken McNugget or a stick of gum.  It's going to be a very difficult month for finances.

So, my question for Rye Dip Monday is:

Will I ever not have to worry of money all the time?

And the answer from Mr. Caulfield is:

"She's fine, thanks.  I haven't seen her too recently, but the last I--"

OK, it's an incomplete thought, but the answer is there in Holden's dialogue:  she's fine.  That means everything's going to be fine.  Somehow.  I think.


Funny, that answer doesn't make Saint Marty feel any better today.

This pretty much says it all

No comments:

Post a Comment