Friday, July 6, 2012

July 6: Backward Reading, Catching Up, Beginning

Finger lickin' good
He wants to eat it.  Saint Marty doesn't want to meditate on Kentucky Fried Chicken.

I'm still hungry.  I think it's a crock of shit.  By going through this meditation, the craving is supposed to dissipate.  Afterward, think about being finished eating the food.  Every little bite.  Then, go through the whole process, in your mind, of eating the food.  The article said to think about the food, all the details of taste and smell and texture.  I'm a little hungry right now, but I read an article recently about how to deal with cravings.

I just really want to be able to take a big, deep breath before the craziness of tomorrow.  It's an indoor pool, so I don't have to worry about the weather.  It would be nice to kick back and relax, though.  That's only if I can get the housekeeping done first.  I'm hoping to be able to go swimming with my daughter and son, as well.  I'm doing my normal Friday tasks--grocery shopping and cleaning the house.

My day has gotten a little less stressful, even if my poet friend is as directionally-challenged as I am.  (That was a joke.)  At least, if I run out of gas in the middle of the wilderness, I'll have a food source.  Well, I got in touch with my poet friend, and she's going to be driving with me tomorrow to the poetry panels.

It doesn't have to make sense.  If it doesn't hold together, think of this little exercise as language poetry.  I'm not sure if what I write is going to make a lot of sense.  Therefore, with this blog post, I'm going to start at the ending and work my way backwards to the beginning.  It always seems like I'm trying to play catch up, all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment