Tuesday, July 3, 2012

July 3: Nothing to Say

I have nothing to say this afternoon.  Nothing new to add. 

I wish I could say that I've won a poetry contest and will soon have a new published book.  I can't.

I wish I could say that I've got a meal from my favorite Cajun restaurant waiting for me at the end of the day.  I don't.

I wish I could say that I qualified for the Olympic men's gymnastics team.  I didn't.

I wish I could say that I have the body of an Olympic gymnast.  I don't.

I wish I could say that I finished the novel I'm currently reading.  I didn't.

I wish I could say that I just got offered a tenure-track teaching position at the university, with benefits.  I haven't.

I wish I could say that I had prime rib for lunch.  I didn't.

I wish I could say that Andy Griffith didn't die today.  He did.

I wish I could say that I can read people's minds.  I can't.

I wish I could say that I had a million dollars, like George Bailey.  I don't.

I wish I could say that I had the courage to quit my job and just write for a living.  I most certainly do not.

I wish I could say that I had a reunion with one of my best friends whom I haven't seen in a couple of years...Wait a minute.  That did happen.  I looked up from my desk, and Kristina was standing in front of me.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  I got up and hugged her for about twenty minutes.  We're going to get together later this week for a longer visit.

Saint Marty guesses he did have something to say, after all.  He's a blessed person.

No comments:

Post a Comment