Sunday, July 22, 2012

July 22: Watching "Chopped," Creativity, New Cartoon

Sunday.  Quiet.  Sedate.  Calm.  After church this morning, I went swimming with my wife and kids.  Now, I'm at my parents' house.  We're watching a marathon of the TV show Chopped on the Food Network.

Chopped has recently become one of my favorite shows on television.  What's not to like?  It's got food.  It's got people beating each other up gastronomically in a kitchen.  And it's got weird ingredients--stuff like pre-cooked pizza crust, sheep intestines, and cactus pears.  I love to see how the competing chefs cut each other down and get all catty.  It's the best show in the world.

I'm not feeling a whole lot of creativity this afternoon.  I'm feeling lazy.  And hungry.  Everything the chefs are preparing on Chopped, including the breaded sardines, is looking pretty good to me.  Usually, there are a few things I find disgusting.  Not today.  Even the yak steaks they just cooked up look damn tasty.  I guess the extent of my creativity right now is watching other people be creative on a cooking show.  No inspiration mixed with my perspiration.

Saint Marty is ready for his yak steak with sardine sauce.

Confessions of Saint Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment