Thursday, September 22, 2011

September 22: Grandma's Birthday, Beer Bread and Dip, Hallelujah!

Hallelujah!  It is Thursday, and I have made it through another week without making an idiot of myself in front of my students, and without having a complete breakdown.

I don't have much time to post.  I'm heading off to a birthday party for my wife's grandma who turned 93 yesterday.  She suffers from Alzheimer's and is confused quite most of the time.  Sometimes I think these parties are a little cruel to have.  She stares around at the people in the room like she knows she should recognize them, but she can't.  I feel bad for her.

However, there's going to be beer bread and dip, so I can't pass that up.

Tomorrow, I promise a new poem.  It will be good.  Well, it will be new, anyway.

Saint Marty's gotta fly.

Food of the gods--beer bread and dip

No comments:

Post a Comment