Wednesday, September 14, 2011

September 14: Eat, Pray, Love

Yes, I did it.  I stole the title of Elizabeth Gilbert's unjustly maligned memoir for the title of my post.  The reason I did it is two-fold.  First, I'm really hungry; need to pray; and have to embrace love this morning.  Second, I want to see if using the title of Gilbert's  memoir somehow brings in readers to Saint Marty.

As I sit here right now, I'm starving.  I don't know why.  I ate well last night, didn't try to deprive myself of anything.  In fact, I got a vanilla malt with my wife before we went for a long walk on our weekly date.  However, I feel like I could eat an entire deep-fried turkey at the moment, including stuffing, mashed potatoes, and gravy.

It's one of those days when I know I'm going to need a lot of prayer.  I started to pray as soon as I got up.  I was really tired and cranky.  Still am.  Therefore, I started praying that God give me the energy and strength to make it through the next twelve or fourteen hours.  So far, God has only made me ravenously hungry, which has taken my mind off being tired and crankly.  Maybe that's God answer this morning.  Eat.

And I need to spread a little love around.  I went to bed last night a little upset with my daughter.  She decided to clean out her closet and took all of these really expensive ballet costumes and threw them in a garbage bag.  She was really proud of herself because she cleaned up her room, which I told her she needed to do if we are ever going to sell our house.  I was really pissed because of her method of cleaning.  Thank God she was alseep when I discovered her garbage bags of costumes.  She didn't hear my little tirade.  I need to love her, not be angry with her.

That's where Saint Marty is at this early hour.  He needs some food.  He needs some God.  He needs some hugs.

I really liked this book.  Honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment