Tuesday, September 20, 2011

September 20: All Work and No Play...

I remember that great scene in The Shining with Jack Nicholson where Nicholson's wife looks at the book he's been writing the whole movie.  For pages and pages and pages, all Nicholson's character has typed is "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."

That's what I feel like right now.  All I've been doing all day long, for the last three or four days, is working/teaching/going to meetings/preparing to teach.  I'm a little tired at the moment, and I have to go teach mythology now.  I've reviewed the chapters, but I still have to come up with a definite lesson plan.  More work.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not complaining...OK, maybe I am complaining a little.  But I'm feeling a little like Jack Nicholson right now.  That doesn't mean I'm going to grab an ax and start chasing people around with it.  It just means...

All work and no play makes Saint Marty a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Saint Marty a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Saint Marty a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Saint Marty a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Saint Marty a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Saint Marty a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Saint Marty a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Saint Marty a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Saint Marty a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Saint Marty a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Saint Marty a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Saint Marty a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Saint Marty a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Saint Marty a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Saint Marty a dull boy.  All work and no play makes Saint Marty a dull boy.

Yup, that's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment