Tuesday, September 27, 2011

September 27: Rain, Rain, More Rain

When I got up this morning, I could hear the rain hitting the air conditioner on the side of my house like bullets.  It was coming down in sheets on my drive to work.  I'm not complaining.  We need the rain, and I don't have to leave the office now until the afternoon.  Therefore, it could rain for another eight or so hours without spoiling my day.

Just a little update on my hunt for the Nobel Prize in Literature.  The betting sites are naming all of the usual suspects--Amos Oz, Cormac McCarthy, Adonis.  Nothing really exciting.  No, my name didn't even crack the top 1,000.  At this point in time, I give my odds at about 1,000,000 to 1.  Just think, though.  If you bet $1 on me and I win, you could be an instant millionaire.  It might be worth a shot.

As yet, the Swedish Academy, in its typical tight-lipped, Scandinavian fashion, has not said when it will announce the winner of this year's prize.  My guess would be next Thursday, October 6.  In the past few years, the Academy has announced the Prize on the first Thursday of October.

That means Saint Marty is nine days away from his Nobel Prize, and you could be nine days away from being incredibly wealthy.  Place your bets, folks.

I gotta get me this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment