Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11: A Day to Remember...

The Fall Back Festival at Mitchell United Methodist Church rocked Negaunee.  For those of you who didn't make it, you should feel utterly bereft as human beings.  The food was great.  The fellowship was even greater.  But the music (particularly the sexy keyboard playing) was heavenly.  Hang your head in shame if you weren't there.  You made Jesus cry.  (If you can't tell, I was spoon-fed Catholic guilt as a child.)

All kidding aside, it was a great time on a day when we should all remember to spread some love around.

I find it hard to believe that it has been ten years since the 9-11 attacks.  My daughter was born in December of the year 2000.  She has no memory of a world without 9-11.  She knows what terrorism is.  She knows what war is.  She knows what Al-Qaeda is.  When I was her age, my biggest worry was who was going to take me to see Star Wars next.

I wish I could somehow give my daughter and son a world without 9-11.  I can't.  The best I can do is tell them, every day, that they are blessed, they are cherished, they are loved.

On this day, Saint Marty remembers to hug those he loves...

Cross at Ground Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment