Thursday, August 4, 2011

August 4: Muffin, Less Weary, Name Game

I am feeling a little less weary this afternoon.  This morning, I could have crawled under my desk like George Costanza and gone to sleep.  The only thing that kept me awake is that video clip of Madeline Kahn and a healthy dose of caffeine.

One of the patients from last week dropped off a huge box of muffins for the staff of the surgery center.  I grabbed an almond/poppy seed muffin.  I put it on a plate and walked around with it for most of the morning.  When I sat with my muffin at lunch and still didn't eat it, one of coworkers said, "Is that your new pet?  What are you going to name it?"

I have, for the time being, started calling my pet muffin Tramp.  However, I'm not really stuck on that name, so one of my best friends suggested having a naming contest on the blog.  That's what I've decided to do.  Here's a picture of my muffin:

My muffin, currently known as Tramp
The person who suggests the best name for my muffin will receive an original Confessions of Saint Marty cartoon from me in the mail.  Let's see.  I suppose I should set a deadline.  Send me your suggestion in a comment to this post.  I will select the winning name on Saturday, August 13.  (This may involve you becoming an official follower of this blog.  I'm not sure.)  Anyway, post your most creative monikers for my muffin, and you may be immortalized on my blog.  Glory.  Honor.  A better spot in heaven.  And orginal artwork.

Name Saint Marty's muffin.  He dares you.

No comments:

Post a Comment