Saturday, August 13, 2011

August 13: Cleaning, Wine, and Swimming (Plus a New Cartoon)

Well, I haven't done a whole lot today.  Last night, I finished the first book of the Hunger Games trilogy.  It was a great read.  This morning, I started Catching Fire, the second book.  I'm about a hundred or so pages into it, and it's just as good as the first.  It amazes me how good young adult literature has become since the introduction of that little kid with the lightning-shaped scar on his forehead.

This afternoon, I finished cleaning my house.  I had some sweeping, Swiffering, and vacuuming to do.  Then, I took a nap.  Yes, I took a nap.  It's not something that I generally do.  I'm of the opinion that there are not enough seconds in the day to accomplish everything I want to accomplish.  However, I'm on vacation, for God's sake.

Tonight, I've been invited to a friend's house for cheese and wine.  I've also been invited to go swimming with my niece and her kids.  I'm planning on doing both, although I don't know how.  I will probably do a quick stop for a glass of wine and hunk of cheese.  Then I'll throw on my swimsuit and head over to my niece's hotel.  I hope to have all this done by 9 p.m., when The Lawrence Welk Show starts on our PBS station.

I have a new Confessions of Saint Marty for your enjoyment, inspired by my time in the woods a few days ago.

Saint Marty is heading out for some wine now.

Confessions of Saint Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment