Monday, August 22, 2011

August 22: (Re)Decorating, Daughter's Return

It has arrived.  No matter how much kicking and screaming I did last night before I went to bed, Monday is here, and I'm back at my desk at work.  I am tired, although not as tired as I was last week on my first day back from vacation.  I'm still convinced I don't want to continue getting up this early for the rest of my working life.  And I'm still convinced Diet Mountain Dew is a gift from God.

This morning, I'm going to redecorate my office for Fall.  That means I take down the red-white-and-blue decorations of summer, and out come the autumn leaves and scarecrows.  Can't fight it any more, folks.  September is just around the corner, and the kids are getting their school clothes and backpacks.  I myself just ordered a new messenger bag for myself (since my old one got skunked earlier this summer, if you remember).  No, my new bag is NOT a murse.  It is a highly stylish bag for men to carry books, laptops, iPads, keys, wallets, whatever.  I will post a picture of myself with my new bag when it comes later this week.
This is what it looks like, but not in this color
If you are wondering, no, my irresponsible sister did not bring my daughter back from Detroit yesterday.  They are returning today.  Yes, I was really pissed last night when my sister had my daughter call to tell me this news.  My sister never even got on the phone.  I went to bed pissed, and one of the first things I thought about this morning when I woke up was how pissed I still was.  Got to get beyond this today, or it's going to be a really bad day for everyone around me.

Well, Saint Marty has some redecorating to do.  It's going to look fabulous!  Two snaps up.

No comments:

Post a Comment