Monday, May 21, 2012

May 21: Accomplishing A Whole Lot of Nothing, Guilt

I had every intention of accomplishing a lot of things today.  My to-do list was huge.

Well, I got to around number three on my list, and then I stalled.  I've been stalled for most of the day now.  Instead, I ate up my time doing things that weren't productive or helpful or even fun.  My to-do list transformed into a to-don't list.  And I'm experiencing tremendous guilt.

However, I am going to try to get back on track now.  I have a few more productive hours left, then committee meetings at church tonight.  Committee meetings, by definition, are not productive.  They're just a lot of people, sitting around a table, discussing making decisions about something that needs to be accomplished, and then tabling the discussion until the next meeting.  As you can tell, I'm not a big fan of committees or meetings.

Such is my lot in life today.  I've pissed away the hours, and now I have to do the penance.

If anyone needs some guilt, Saint Marty has an extra helping to share.  It tastes just like chicken.

Ignore the hammer and sickle.  Guilt for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment