Friday, May 4, 2012

May 4: Greetings from Howell, Long Drive, Best Friend

Greetings from tropical Howell, Michigan.  We left home after an hour of frantic searching for part of my daughter's dance costumes.  We found the missing shoes and finally were on our way by 8:15 a.m. 

It was a very loooong drive.  We did stop in Roscommon to visit with one of my best friends who pastors the local Methodist church there.  We met at McDonald's and had a great time.  And then we followed my friend's directions to Howell and spent the next five hours making the three-hour trip.

And now we're in our hotel room.  We only got about an hour of swimming in the pool, much to my son's consternation.  I'm ready for bed.  We have to be at the competition site at around 7 a.m. tomorrow.

Sorry, no Charles Dickens or Scrooge tonight.  Too tired.

Saint Marty lives for dance.

Saint Marty and his friend

No comments:

Post a Comment