Monday, May 14, 2012

May 14: "Carol" Dip, Shattered iPod, God Bless Me

It's Monday.  And if it's Monday, it must be time for another Carol dip.

My question relates to something that happened yesterday morning.  If you are one of the two frequent readers I have, you will recall that, a couple of months ago, I had to shell out close to $200 to have my daughter's iPod repaired.  I used the term "repaired" loosely, because Apple simply sent me a replacement iPod.  Well, yesterday morning, my daughter dropped her new iPod on a cement sidewalk, and the screen shattered.  It didn't just crack.  It literally shattered.

My daughter is devastated, and I'm hoping that the new iPod is covered under some kind of warranty, although I'm not holding my breath.  And that is the story behind my question for the great book of Dickens today.

That question is:

Will getting my daughter's iPod fixed be free or covered under some kind of warranty?

And the answer from that great Victorian novelist is:

"A Merry Christmas to us all, my dears.  God bless us!"

Which all the family re-echoed.

"God bless us every one!" said Tiny Tim, the last of all.

That answer seems pretty straightforward.  God's going to bless me.   Tiny Tim's going to bless me.  I'm not going to have to pay another $200.  It's going to be like Christmas in May.

I will accept that answer because I don't like thinking about the alternative.  Therefore, I'm ready to break into song.

Sing with Saint Marty:  "Deck the hall with boughs of holly!  Fa la la la la la la la la..."

'Tis the season to be jolly!

No comments:

Post a Comment