Monday, February 25, 2019

February 25: Good to Me, Tomas Transtromer, "Kyrie"

The Lord has been good to me.  Has blessed me, blesses me, every day.  With the sound of my son laughing in the living room.  My wife eating toast with grape jam in the kitchen.  My daughter bending her head down so I can kiss her before she goes to bed at night.

These are all moments of grace.  I go through my days rarely recognizing them.  Too wrapped up in worry and doubt.

Tonight, Saint Marty is full of thankfulness.

Kyrie

by:  Tomas Transtrőmer

Sometimes my life opened its eyes in the dark.
A feeling as if crowds drew through the streets
in blindness and anxiety on the way towards a miracle,
while I invisibly remain standing.

As the child falls asleep in terror
listening to the heart's heavy tread.
Slowly, slowly until morning puts its rays in the locks,
and the doors of darkness open.


No comments:

Post a Comment