Saturday, December 7, 2013

December 6: Goddam Picture, Three Teenage Girls, a Fairy Tale

After the Christmas things were over, the goddam picture started.  It was so putrid I couldn't take my eyes off it...

Holden has a thing against movies.  He doesn't like them.  He goes to them all the time (twice during Catcher), but he can't stand the actors or the stories.  It has something to do with how phonie he thinks they are.  Anything that smacks of  falseness or ego bothers him.

I'm at McDonald's at the moment, waiting to take my daughter and two of her friends to a movie.  That's right.  I'm taking three, 13-year-old girls to see Catching Fire.  It's going to be a long evening.  None of them care about phonie movies.  They're all authentically teenage girls.

This morning, I had a friend describe being a teenage girl as feeling like she was taken over by an alien life form.  She said she eventually took control of her body again after a couple of years.  I'm having visions of seeing an alien burst out of my daughter's chest in the middle of the night.

I'm hoping that the movie is going to use so much of the girls' energy that they will immediately go to sleep when I get them back to my house for the sleepover.  I'm even considering drizzling Benadryl on their pizza, but I think that may be illegal.

Which reminds me of a story.

Once upon a time, a baker named Gregor let his 13-year-old daughter have two of her friends for a birthday sleepover.  The girls stayed up all night, and in the morning, Gregor made them blueberry pancakes.

Moral of the story:  I'm too damn tired to be witty.

And Saint Marty slept happily every after.

Yup, this is what a real teenager looks like...

No comments:

Post a Comment