Monday, April 29, 2013

April 29: Energizer Timex Bunny

Yes, I'm mixing a couple pop cultural references in the title of this post, but my mind is the consistency of a Jell-O pudding (pop culture reference #3).

I have been going at full-speed since about 6:30 this morning.  I have my poetry chapbook ready to send to the contest (just need a check for the entry fee and then a whole lot of luck).  I've managed to almost stay ahead of the surgery schedulers and phone calls.  Almost.  And now I'm on to grading final exams, which will drain away the rest of my energy.  By about ten o'clock tonight, I will look and feel like Jack Nicholson at the end of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.  I am the Energizer Timex Bunny.  I take a licking a keep on going and going and going.

That being said, I will make a disclaimer ahead of time about tomorrow's blog posts:  they will probably suck.  In fact, this whole week of posts will be substandard to mediocre to lousy as the days progress.  By Friday, when I get in my car to head downstate for my daughter's dance competition, I expect to have no functioning grey matter left.  Consider yourself duly warned, loyal disciple.

Now, I will return to my stack of finals, which are currently sitting on my desk, mocking me.

Saint Marty is in for a very long, tedious night.

This is pretty much how I feel

No comments:

Post a Comment