Thursday, November 1, 2012

November 1: New Thanksgiving Look

I hope you like the new look of Saint Marty.  After I finished typing my post for this morning, I realized it was time to bid farewell to Frankenstein and his attendant colors of black and gray.  November is turkey time in the United States.  Hence, the stained glass gobbler background.

When I change the look and colors of my blog, I always feel like I'm shedding my old skin.  In some strange way, a new background and text font and color scheme refresh and rejuvenate me.  I actually was excited to type my post this afternoon, just so I could see what it looked like when I was done.  It's the only change in my life that I consider a good thing.  Well, that and me winning the National Book Award, Pulitzer Prize, or Nobel Prize in Literature.  Or being given a full-time job at the university with benefits.  Those are all good changes.  Other than that, change sucks.

Any how, the new look is based on a Thanksgiving Day color scheme, with plenty of yellows and oranges.  Aside from the background stained glass, I also changed the font of the blog title to Puritan, which I thought was appropriate for the month and upcoming holiday.  Overall, I would call my motif for this month "Thanksgiving Eclectic."  It's new and old-fashioned at the same time.

OK, I'm through with my Martha Stewart moment.  Tomorrow is P.O.E.T.S. Day.  I need to work on my poem tonight.  I have an idea.  We'll have to see how it plays out tonight.

Saint Marty is going to publish this post now, so he can see how cool it looks.  Yes, he lives a very sheltered life.
I almost used this as my Thanksgiving background

No comments:

Post a Comment