Friday, November 9, 2012

November 9: No New Poem, New DVD Player, Pledge

I am sorry to report that I have no new poem today.  I have not had any time to sit down, let alone pick up a pen and write anything.  I have put up Christmas decorations.  I have cleaned my house.  I have taken my daughter to a doctor's appointment.  I have eaten some of my children's Halloween candy.  I have installed a new DVD player on my entertainment system, which consists of a flat screen TV, a VCR that my son broke almost two years ago, and a Wii game that hasn't been used for almost six months.

My old DVD player died last Sunday.  I spent three hours Sunday night trying to get it to play A Charlie Brown Christmas.  I never got it working.  So today, while I was grocery shopping at Wal-Mart.  I found a DVD player on sale for $24.  I couldn't believe it.  I threw the player in my grocery cart, along with some milk and Holly Nog, and proceeded to the checkout line.  Now, I am watching a documentary about Anne Lamott on my new DVD player at ten o'clock at night, feeling guilty that I haven't finished my new poem.

I am going to make a pledge that I will post a new poem tomorrow night.  I will probably break that pledge, but, tonight, it lets me off the hook.

Saint Marty was able to get his new DVD player to work.  That's a victory.  Tomorrow is another day.  Another 24 hours to fail as a poet.

Another pledge I will probably break tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment