Wednesday, January 29, 2014

January 29: Not Out of the Woods, Fair Grounds, Prayer for Sister

So my sister in Utah is not out of the woods yet.  She went to a doctor's appointment this afternoon and had to be transported from there to the hospital by ambulance.  Her oxygen levels were very low, which may indicate that her infection has spread to her lungs.

My other sister called to tell me the news at work this afternoon.  It really bothered me.  My coworker, who's one of my best friends, asked me, "How're you doing?"  I shrugged.  She said, "Have you made peace with your sister yet?"  It was a question that carried a certain finality about it, as if I only had a little time left to mend my relationship with my sister.

My sister's condition is very serious.  Possibly life-threatening.  I guess I wasn't admitting how serious it actually was.  I'm still not at the point where I think my sister could pull a Steel Magnolias on me.  I can't get there in my head.  It would feel too much like giving up.

Charlotte doesn't give up on Wilbur, either.  Even though she knows the end is near for her life, she decides to go to the County Fair with him:

"I shall go, too," she said softly.  "I have decided to go with Wilbur.  He may need me.  We can't tell what may happen at the Fair Grounds.  Somebody's got to go along who knows how to write..."  

I know nothing is guaranteed, but I have to believe that I still have time to get to the County Fair with my sister.  I'm just not sure who's Wilbur and who's Charlotte in our situation.  Who needs to be saved and who needs to do the saving.

Dear God of the County Fair,

My sister needs Your help again.  Or still.  I'm asking You to give us more time.  Put some healing in her life.  For her kids.  They need her.  And I need more time to find forgiveness and love in my heart.  She can be a blue ribbon person.  I know that.

Keep her in the Fair a little bit longer.  Her life deserves to be saved.

Your loving servant,

Saint Marty

Not ready for this yet

No comments:

Post a Comment