Monday, January 20, 2014

January 20: Fun Was Had By All

Well, I just finished teaching my poetry workshop.  And I had fun.  I relaxed, told a few jokes, shared some good poems.  I thoroughly enjoyed tonight.  Of course, there were only three students present.  Perhaps the cold and wind kept the poets indoors.  It is colder than a glacier tonight.

The time flew by this evening.  The first time I looked at the clock, we had already been working for an hour.  I was shocked.  I had to cram a whole lot of information into that last thirty minutes.  I was doing a lesson on found poetry.  I think it went pretty well, and all three of the students there produced a draft of a poem.  Not bad for the second week of the workshop.

I am now experiencing an adrenaline crash.  Tired and hungry.  I have half an hour before my daughter's dance class is over.  Maybe I'll read a little or write a little or balance my check book or clean up my desk or start a novel.

Or maybe Saint Marty will sit and stare out his window until it's time to leave.  Ding-ding-ding.  We have a winner.

Didn't have this much fun

No comments:

Post a Comment