Sunday, January 26, 2014

January 26: Awards Show Junkie, Classic Saint Marty, New Cartoon

All the schools in the area are closed tomorrow because of the polar temperatures.  We're talking 35-below-zero wind chills.  My kids don't have school.  The poetry workshop I teach for the community schools is cancelled.  My son's religious education class is called off.  The only school that hasn't succumbed to the weather is the university for which I teach.  But I'm ever hopeful.

Tonight, however, my main focus is watching yet another awards show.  I am an awards show junkie.  The Tony Awards.  Emmy Awards.  NAACP Image Awards.  Soap Opera Digest Awards.  Academy Awards.  It doesn't matter.  I've even been known to sit and watch the Kid's Choice Awards.  This evening, I am partaking in the Grammy Awards.

Now, I'm not particularly "up" on all the current music.  In fact, I will probably be asking my daughter who a lot of the nominees are.  But, it's an awards show, and that's good enough for me.  Plus, Beyonce is going to be on it.  It's a win-win.

I do have a Classic Saint Marty for you guys tonight.  This particular episode originally aired exactly two years ago on this date.

And Saint Marty still thinks it's feckin' hilarious.

January 26, 2012:  Something to Laugh At, Cheap Flights, a Friend

The members of my book club left just a little while ago.  The house is clean.  The dishes are washed.  I'm ready to call it a night. 

This afternoon, a friend sent me an e-mail with a video attached.  My friend wanted to make me laugh.  I'm blessed by friends who share their laughter with me.

Tonight, after a long day of work and an evening spent with more good friends, I want to share my laughter.  Below is the video, called "Cheap Flights," that my friend sent me this afternoon.  Just a small warning:  the video contains some PG-13 language.  Be careful where you watch it and with whom you watch it.

Saint Marty thinks it's feckin' hysterical.


Confessions of Saint Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment