Tuesday, August 20, 2013

August 20: Yawned, Rude Bastard, Prayer of the...ZZZZ

Then, all of a sudden, I yawned.  What a rude bastard, but I couldn't help it!

Holden's exhausted when he gets to the Antolini apartment.  While Mr. Antolini is trying to offer him advice, Holden just wants to go to bed.  He can barely keep his eyes open.


I know how Holden feels.  I am beat tonight.  I got to work at 5 a.m., and I pretty much worked until 5 p.m.  There was no end to it.  Every time I thought I could take a break, some other dragon of a task reared its ugly head.  I met about ten or eleven dragons today.  Viennese hornbacks.  Chinese fireballs.  French firebreathers.  It was a virtual parade of monsters.

I still have a lot of work to get done tonight.  Aside from this post, I have to write something for the Worship Committee at church.  A letter that has to be tactful, tough, and thoughtful.  I'm not looking forward to that task.  Then, I have to write another post.  In between these jobs, I need to work on my syllabus for next week.

It's going to be a rough night.  I think I need a little help.

Dear God,

Hi.  It's me.  I'm not going to complain or whine or yawn.  I'm not going to be a rude bastard. I just want to thank You for giving me the strength to get through this day of work.  Thanks for the food that I ate.  Thanks for the work that kept me busy and kept my mind from going to the dark side (money problems, bills, etc.).

I guess I want to thank You for the tiredness I'm feeling right now, because that means that I've worked hard, accomplished things.  I want to ask for a little stamina to complete a few more tasks tonight.  I don't want to be Hercules.  No, I only want enough energy to finish two blog posts and write that letter for the church.  An hour or two at the most.  That's all.

Your loving child,

Saint...Zzzzzzzzzzz

I think this was task number five this morning

No comments:

Post a Comment