Monday, August 12, 2013

August 12: Avoiding the Inevitable

It's time for me to go to bed.  I don't want to.  You see, the sooner I go to bed, the sooner I have to get up and go to work.  I want to stretch this night out, make it last as long as I can.  Of course, if I stay up much longer, that 4 a.m. alarm is going to suck.  Majorly suck.  It will be the suckiest suck of the sucking suck.

I'm avoiding sleep.  I want to read a book.  I want to watch Jay Leno.  I want to work on a new poem.  I want to win a chapbook contest.  I want to find a publisher for my new book of poems.  I want to get a full-time teaching job at the university.  I want to buy a new car, a new house.  I want to lose about 30 pounds.  I want to win the Pulitzer Prize for Poetry.  I want to be named the Sexiest Man Alive by People.

Saint Marty's not asking for much.  He'd settle for a chicken pizza.

This pretty much says it all

No comments:

Post a Comment