Tuesday, October 9, 2012

October 9: Home, Home, Home Body

"I have come to bring you home, dear brother!" said the child, clapping her tiny hands, and bending down to laugh.  "To bring you home, home, home!"

I have had one of those days where I wish, when the alarm clock went off this morning, I would have turned it off, rolled over, and gone back to sleep.  All I've wanted to do all day is go home, home, home as Fan says to a young Ebenezer in the above passage.  I'm kicking myself for not stopping at the local gas station this morning and picking up a 52 ounce cup of Coke Zero.  That would have given me a little more fuel for the day.

However, I did not do that, and now I am paying the price.  I'm tired.  I didn't even have time this morning to type my normal post.  It's just been non-stop, tedious work.  I want this day to be o-v-e-r.  I'm not even feeling particularly creative this afternoon.  The extent of my wisdom from Charles Dickens today is this:  Fan was right.  Go home.  Stay home.  Be a home body.

Those are words Saint Marty can live by, especially today.

Couch potato sounds good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment