Wednesday, October 24, 2012

October 24: Checking In

Sometimes, after a busy morning and afternoon of work, I don't have a whole lot to give in my second post of the day.  I'm simply punching the time clock.  Checking in.  I write something to say I'm still here.  I survived another day.  I have not succumbed to any disease or accident or affliction.  I am alive.

That's the best I can do today.  I have been busy, but I have not accomplished a whole lot.  I still have a class to teach, another viewing of Psycho.  Today, we're going to talk about the conventions of the horror film genre.  I'm going to see how much these kids know about horror, aside from the fact that they like to see people killed in unique and bloody ways.

I have been thinking about the content of this blog a lot.  Actually, I've been thinking about what I haven't been including in this blog.  I used to include more original poetry.  I used to talk more about literature and spiritual issues.  Recently, I have been wrapped up in my own problems and issues, and those subjects have dominated my posts.  I think I need to start working on my poetry again.  And I think I have to start some more regular weekly features, like the saint of the day.  I need to give myself some structure.  I figure that, if it works for my four-year-old son, it will work for me.

So, expect to see some new things on Saint Marty in the upcoming weeks.  Expect to see some old things returning.

Saint Marty needs to reinvent himself a little bit.  He's getting bored.

This idiot needs some help

No comments:

Post a Comment