Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October 31: Halloween Preparations, Makeup, Chocolate Blessings

My daughter's pumpkin
I am nearing the time that my night of freezing Halloween frolic begins.  In a few hours, I will be elbow-deep in Halloween preparations.  My first duty will be to apply my daughter's makeup.  She is trick-or-treating as the character Sally from A Nightmare Before Christmas.  My daughter found a video on the Internet of a girl doing Sally's makeup, and she has been obsessed ever since.  I practiced doing the makeup on Monday night.  It was an abysmal failure, but I did learn what not to do.  This afternoon will be my second and last chance to get it right.  Funny thing is, the girl who does it in the video makes it look so freakin' easy.  It sort of ticks me off.

Again, since this is Worry Wednesday, I am allowed to say that I am not looking forward to tromping through the cold and snow tonight.  Here is my prediction:  my son will last about one block, and my daughter will be complaining within five minutes.  But, dammit, it's Halloween, and there is free chocolate to be had.  If I spend forty or fifty minutes painting my daughter's face, she will be going door-to-door, even if Hurricane Sandy sends a tidal wave our way.  There will be no excuses.

Tomorrow is Blessing Thursday.  I hope to be able to post a picture of my kids' Halloween bounty, and my percentage of their Halloween bounty.  I'm a little picky, however.  I don't like Smarties or Tootsie Rolls or Mary Janes.  No.  I always felt a little ripped off when I ended up on Halloween with that ilk of candy when I was a kid.

No, no.  The Bank of Saint Marty only accepts chocolate blessings as payment.  Milk chocolate and caramel and nougat.  Without nuts, preferably.  Coconut, absolutely forbidden.

No comments:

Post a Comment