Saturday, May 7, 2022

May 7: Crying Again, Church Services, Nicolas Cage

Santiago admits his suffering . . . 

"Bring any of the papers of the time that I was gone," the old man said.

"You must get well fast for there is much that I can learn and you can teach me everything. How much did you suffer?"

"Plenty," the old man said.

"I'll bring the food and the papers," the boy said. "Rest well, old man. I will bring stuff from the drug-store for your hands."

"Don't forget to tell Pedrico the head is his."

"No. I will remember."

As the boy went out the door and down the worn coral rock road he was crying again.

A day of distraction.  Spent a lazy morning putting together music for church.  Practicing.  Then I drove my wife to work.  Played two church services this evening--Catholic and Lutheran.  

This evening, I went to a movie with my kids and some friends.  The new Nicolas Cage--The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent.  It was Nicolas Cage good--intensely funny.  Plus, the popcorn was really, really tasty.

After a shitty end-of-week, my son had a good day.

Saint Marty's koan for tonight:  a good day is only a walk down a coral rock road.



No comments:

Post a Comment