Monday, November 5, 2018

November 5: Slowed Down, New Poem to Share, Poet Friends

You will have noticed that I have slowed down with the Moby-Dick posts.  That is because there is only one chapter and the Epilogue left to discuss.  So, I have decided to prolong the suspense a little, for those of you who have never read Melville's book.  Tomorrow, you will find out whether Ahab gets his white whale, or vice versa. 

This evening, I have an event to attend.  A meeting of the local poets' group.  It's one of my favorite nights of the month.  Rarely do I get to sit around with other poets, reading and critiquing poems.  I have a new poem to go over, but I'm not sure that I'm ready to release it just yet.  It's brand-spanking new.  Wrote a draft of it last Thursday, and revised it this afternoon.  Sometimes, I need to sit on a poem a while before I share it.

That is my dilemma this evening.  To share, or not to share.

In the last few weeks, I have been trying to focus on the blessings of my life, because I've been experiencing a lot of upheaval and unhappiness recently at work.  I'm still unsure that I will have a job at the end of December. 

Tonight, however, Saint Marty is thankful for poet friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment