Thursday, January 16, 2014

January 16: TGIT

Well, I've made it through my first week back at work and teaching.  Thursday night, and I'm T-I-R-E-D.  I feel as though I could sleep for about 36 hours, get up and pee, and then go back to bed for another 12 hours.

Thank God it's Thursday.  My students at the university tell me that Thursday is the new Friday.  Since I stopped working on Fridays at the medical office, I find Thursday evenings tiring.  It's like my body knows its going to get a couple of hours more sleep tonight.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm going to be busy on Friday.  My daughter's getting the stitches out of her ears.  There's an English Department meeting.  I have office hours at school.  In the afternoon, there's a doctor's appointment and a dance class.

Saint Marty would love to have one day where there's nothing on his calendar.  No church.  No teaching.  No work.  No cleaning.  No shopping.  No school concerts.  No birthday parties.  No American Idol.  No Book Club.  Nothing.

Zero.  Zilch.  Goose egg.

A man can dream, can't he?

No comments:

Post a Comment