Sunday, January 27, 2013

January 27: New Cartoon

Sundays are my most favorite and least favorite days of the week.

I love Sundays because I get to go to church and participate in worship.  I sing with the chancel choir.  I play and sing with the praise band.  I get to experience some real God moments, when the Holy Spirit fills my heart.  That's what I love about Sundays.

I hate Sundays because it means the end of the weekend.  All the tasks I've been putting off need to be completed.  I grade quizzes.  I write up lesson plans.  I read textbooks.  I set out my work clothes for Monday morning.  I prepare myself for another five days of early mornings, late nights, and lots of work in between.  That's what I hate about Sundays.

Tonight, I will set out my outfit.  I will pack up my books for school.  I will try to hold on to the God moments for a little bit longer.  The SAG Awards are on tonight.  I plan to watch them with my wife and daughter.  We will have some special snacks and spend time together.  Then, when the last award has been handed out, we will brush out teeth and go to bed.

Saint Marty isn't quite ready for another week to begin.  He's ready for some Fritos and vapid banter between shallow actors.

Confessions of Saint Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment