Thursday, January 17, 2013

January 17: Buddy Singer, Just One of Those Things, A Flock of '80s

She wasn't listening, though.  So I ignored her for a while.  We just danced.  God, could that dopey girl dance.  Buddy Singer and his stinking band was playing "Just One of Those Things" and even they couldn't ruin it entirely.  It's a swell song...

Holden is still hiding out at a hotel in New York in this passage.  He's in the lounge of the hotel, listening to the lousy band playing there.  He's tried to order a drink and failed the do-you-have-a-driver's-license test with the server.   Then, he turns his attention to a table of women and attempts to get them to dance with him.  He succeeds at this.

Today is Blessing Thursday.  I'm supposed to concentrate on something in my life for which I'm grateful.  Well, I can't get my broken tooth fixed until tomorrow afternoon.  My daughter came in third in her spelling bee, so no trip to the nationals this year.  My coworker refuses to let me play Christmas music on my computer, which always lightens my mood.

My plan this morning was to play music on my computer that my coworker hates so she would be driven to letting my play holiday tunes.  I tried opera, bluegrass, dubstep, and disco.  The problem is that my coworker likes all kinds of music.  She would probably even like Buddy Singer and his stinking band.

Thus, my plan has failed.  In my attempts to find the most loathsome music available on the Internet, I stumbled upon a station on AccuRadio called A Flock of '80s.  All music from the 1980s.  Genesis.  John Cougar (before he became Mellencamp).  INXS.  Eddie Grant.  Currently, I'm listening to "It's Raining Men" by the Weather Girls.  It's the best station ever.  Of course, the 1980s had the best music ever.  (Can't say as much for the fashions, although those Hammer pants were really comfortable and I looked good in them.)

This Thursday, Saint Marty gives thanks for '80s music.  Sing it with him, "Might as well face, you're ad-dic-ted to loooooove..."

Yeah, I made these look good...

No comments:

Post a Comment