Saturday, December 8, 2012

December 8: A Happy Ending

For those of my disciples who are curious about my daughter's birthday sleepover, I can tell you that we had one guest, a really nice, polite little girl.  My daughter was more than excited.  We had frozen pizzas--one plain cheese and one bacon cheeseburger.  Then we had ice cream and cake.  My son immediately fell in love with "Gabby," and Gabby let him sit on her lap and play his LeapPad 2.

Then I took the girls to see a movie, Wreck It Ralph.  Not my first choice, but it was my daughter's birthday party.  I fell asleep about half-way through the film and woke up when the credits started rolling.

When we got home, the girls played some games on the Wii, and I sat back and watched the joy on my daughter's face.  It was a really good night, all 'round.  No drama.  No tears.  I told my wife we had to invite Gabby over more often.

Saint Marty loves happy endings, even if they do involve going to movies he didn't want to see.

I love it when a plan comes together

No comments:

Post a Comment