Thursday, December 13, 2012

December 13: You'll Shoot Your Eye Out

I realized this morning that there are less than two weeks left before Christmas.  I have a heck of a lot of work to do.  This weekend, I need to send out my Christmas cards.  I wrote my Christmas letter the day after Thanksgiving, but I still have to take a picture of my children to include with the letter.  I used to go to  Wal-Mart for professional portraits, but I got tired of shelling out over $200 every Christmas.

Two years ago, I decided to go rogue.  I took the picture below, since it was my A Christmas Story year.  I had a leg lamp and a Red Ryder B-B gun on my front porch as decoration.  I paid through the nose for the pink bunny outfit below.  It cost me so much that I forced my daughter to go trick-or-treating as Ralphie in the costume.  (By the way, she was the hit of Halloween.  Every adult we encountered looked at her and said, "You'll shoot your eye out, kid.")

I'm not in full panic mode yet.  I won't hit that point until about Thursday or Friday of next week.  I still have to get through my daughter's birthday party tomorrow evening.  Then I will be able to concentrate on my breakdown.

Saint Marty needs to go take his valium now.

My little Ralphie and Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment