Wednesday, December 19, 2012

December 18: Christmas Concert

My daughter was well enough to go back to school this afternoon.  My son got on the school bus this morning.  Things are getting back to normal after a couple of days of bubonic plague at our house.  When I picked my daughter up at the dance studio tonight, she was back to her normal self, ignoring me and playing with her iPod and Kindle.

Tonight, I went to my daughter's Christmas band concert.  Imagine an hour of music played by sixth grade to high school students.  I think I heard about seven or eight versions of "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" in that space of time.  My daughter is not self-conscious enough yet to be embarrassed by me; she actually waved at me and laughed when I stood up and clapped for her.

Tomorrow, I'm hoping to attend my son's Christmas program.  I say "hope" because I'm not sure I'll be able to get away from work.  I asked for the time off, but I don't think my boss remembers.  At least my wife will be there if I can't.  Last year, my wife couldn't get away from work for his program.  It looks as if our roles are going to be reversed this time.

Work really gets in the way of Saint Marty's life.

Sad, but true

No comments:

Post a Comment